Japan’s Uny, Taiwan’s Ting Hsin Establish Retail JV

Source: China Retail News

Japanese retailer Uny has announced that it has signed an agreement with Ting Hsin (Cayman Islands) Holding Corporation, a subsidiary of Ting Hsin Group, to set up a retail joint venture for the development of the Chinese mainland market.

The two companies will jointly invest USD33.1 million in the new JV, which target the opening of new retail marts on the Chinese mainland. Its first outlet is expected to be opened in Shanghai in 2012.

Uny will own a 70% stake in the new company, while Ting Hsin will own the remaining 30%.

Uny is the third largest comprehensive supermarket operator in Japan. It entered the Hong Kong market in 1987 and now has two stores in the marketplace.
About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s